Virtual Media Lab
Virtual Media Lab
Welcome to the Virtual Media Lab
A central hub for students and faculty to avail themselves of the
full range of media support and resources offered by Lamont and Cabot libraries.
We are under construction!
Build-out on the VML will be moving quickly, so check back for more features
(or request them!).
Through this site you can:
- Access video tutorials for supported hardware and software, and pointers to additional documentation.
- Connect with us for workshops, trainings, consultations, and 1:1 assistance through our Zoom Help Desk.
- Find faculty-specific support.
- Participate in discussions through our Slack community, collaborative resource lists, and virtual poster sessions/presentations.
What is the status of loanable media gear at Lamont and Cabot?
At this time, gear is not being loaned. Please check back here for status updates!
- Getting Started with XR/3D: an overview of the XR/3D work being done at Harvard Library
- Getting Started with Web Publishing: an introduction to some of the free and open-source platforms available for building and sharing your multimedia projects.
- Data Visualization Page: learn about popular data visualization tools at Harvard and set up a custom workshop to learn how to use one of them.
- Getting Started with Adobe Creative Cloud: a quick overview of all the programs available through the Adobe Creative Cloud, along with recommended introductory videos.
Do you know someone in the wider Harvard community who should know about us? Send them this registration link for full access: https://bit.ly/RegisterVML
The syllabus page shows a table-oriented view of the course schedule, and the basics of course grading. You can add any other comments, notes, or thoughts you have about the course structure, course policies or anything else.
To add some comments, click the "Edit" link at the top.